Starz, a cable TV network, offers an exclusive subscription service that allows users to stream content from its extensive library of TV series and films. Starz is a popular satellite and cable TV network in the United States. It is well-known for its theatrically released films as well as original television series. You can purchase the streaming service through the App Store or Google Play. Roku is also available.
You can stream niche content from Starz’s vast video library. This includes Starz Original series and films for young people, as well as hits from urban and black cinema and the entire original Star Trek film series.
- Starz’s complete library of television series and films is available only at Starz
- Includes storage and offline viewing
- Amazon Prime Available
- There is no live TV, but shows are uploaded quickly after they have been broadcast on Starz TV channel.
- There are no sports
Starz -Networks You Can View
Starz’s streaming app allows subscribers to access films and programs on the Starz network of channels.
- Starz flagship channel
- Starz Cinema includes independent films and arthouse movies
- Starz Comedy includes rom-coms as well as other comedic dramas
- Starz Edge, featuring films for young adults
- Starz in Black includes hits from black and urban cinema
- Starz Kids & Family features ad-free family movies for children, teens and the entire family
Starz Top Programs
Starz has been producing popular TV series ever since its launch on cable in the 1990s. Here are the top TV programs that Starz users can stream via Starz. The app has the latest episodes of Starz Original, which are updated every day on Starz cable channel.
- American Gods
- Black Sails
- Magic City
- The Girlfriend Experience
- The Missing
Starz also releases many theatrical-release motion picture fresh from the cinema. Starz offers hundreds, if not thousands of films through its streaming app. Here are some highlights:
- Come to America
- Love is to Eat, Pray and Love
- Home Alone & Home Alone 2
- Private Ryan Savings
- Star Trek (complete original series).
- The Karate Kid
- The First Wives Club
How it works: Hardware and Devices
Starz works on a wide range of devices. You don’t need any additional hardware or software. You can subscribe via Apple, Google Play, Roku or Google Play and connect to any supported device, game console, or media player.
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod (iOS 8.1 or higher)
- Amazon Kindle Fire Tablets OS 5 or higher
- Amazon Kindle Fire Phones (all)
- Android (Most devices running Android 4.1 or greater)
- Apple TV (third generation or fourth generation) running tvOS 9 and newer
- Amazon Fire TV Stick and Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Nexus Player
- NVIDIA Shield
- Razer Forge
- Roku (2nd Generation).
- Roku Stick
- Xbox One and One S
- Sony TVs (selected models equipped with Android 5 or higher)
- Samsung Smart TVs (selected models equipped with Smart Hub)
- LG TVs (WebOS 3.0 and higher)
- Microsoft Windows 8 and newer
- Apple OSX 10.5.7 and newer
Starz was the first streaming TV service to allow users to download and view content offline. However, most movies and series can be viewed offline. There are some restrictions.
- Only select Android and iOS devices are eligible for downloading
- Only a few titles are available for download
- After downloading, titles will be automatically deleted after 2 weeks
- If the license expires, titles will be automatically deleted
Restrictions in regional areas
Starz and Starz App are only available in the United States and territories. However, many original series can be viewed on partnering cable channels around world. We know of no restrictions in the United States.
Customers can reach customer service for new and existing subscribers by filling out the Contact Us form located at the bottom on Starz’s website or calling their toll-free number at 855-247-9175.
Starz has been broadcasting quality theatrically released films and producing television series for over 20 years. Starz’s streaming app allows users to access the vast video library on-demand without having to subscribe to a cable service. Starz’s streaming service has some of the best features on the market. It includes offline viewing, multiple devices and the ability to upload new series within 24 hours.